Events throughout the year serve to raise funds for the Lupus Foundation of Minnesota (LFM), and awareness of lupus in the community. Most of all, events are a fun opportunity to unite staff, board, clients, donors and the general public to dynamically bring together these two pillars of our mission and share ideas, energy and camaraderie.
Lupus Walk for Hope and 5K Run
In the fall, LFM hosts the annual Lupus Walk for Hope and 5K Run as an opportunity to raise public awareness of the disease as well as show support for those with lupus.
Since its inception in 1998, the Lupus Walk for Hope has generated over a half a million dollars that has gone directly to fund lupus research. Proceeds from the walk support clinical research and research fellows and direct services for those who have lupus. The addition of the 5K Run in 2009 has added a new element, and yet another way to get involved in the days’ events.
Held in three venues throughout the state (the Twin Cities, Rochester and Duluth) the one-mile Walk and the 5K occur simultaneously and are followed by a program, refreshments, silent auction and more. The event presents many opportunities to get involved:
- Attend – Come to the event, hear what we’re doing and show your support.
- Walk or Run – Online registration is available making it easy to set your fundraising goals, and then recruit your friends, family and coworkers as contributors or participants. Fundraising and team incentives are offered. Teams can be made up of walkers and 5Kers.
- Donate – Anyone can support a friend who is participating or simply contribute to the cause.
- Contribute – LFM accepts goods for silent auction items, post-event refreshments, and participant prizes.
- Volunteer – Individuals or groups can help on event day or serve on the event committee
- Become a Corporate Sponsor – LFM welcomes corporate/business sponsorships at variable and customizable levels, providing statewide exposure.
Lupus Food, Wine & Brew Classic
LFM’s spring Lupus Food, Wine & Brew Classic provides an opportunity to sample the best that local top chef, sommeliers and brewmasters have to offer, and provides critical resources to support LFM’s mission. The Twin Cities dining scene is exploding with talent and gaining national recognition for innovation, creativity and quality. Admission to the event grants guests an all-access pass to “sample and sip” the heartland’s best. Local musicians and great company create a wonderful venue for contributing to a great cause. Find more information or purchase tickets to this year’s event via the calendar listing.
For further information on any of LFM’s annual events, contact the LFM development staff.