Lupus Walk for Hope and 5K Trail Run – Twin Cities
Date(s) – 8 Sep 2012
Time – 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Where – French Regional Park, Plymouth, MN
Category – Annual Events
The Lupus Foundation of Minnesota has a 35+ year history of funding lupus research. This event, and other LFM fundraisers, allow us to provide grants to prominent researchers in the field of lupus research. A portion of event proceeds will also fund services provided to lupus patients throughout Minnesota and beyond. LFM works to improve the quality of life for people affected by lupus through support groups, trainings, education, resource referrals, and individual case management.
5K TRAIL RUN: (3.1 mile timed run)
$25 registration fee ($30 on event day)
The 5K is open to walkers or runners and will take you through woodlands, around the lakes and streams, and over some challenging hills on a combination of paved and turf trails. Although this is a non-competitive 5K (and not a certified distance) times will be available to you onsite and posted on the Web following the event.
Registered participants receive a premier race shirt, race bib and timed results.
LUPUS WALK FOR HOPE:
Designed for people of all ages and abilities, the walk is approximately one mile. A shorter, gentler trail of paved paths will guide you through beautiful woods and along the waters of the beautiful park. The walk is not timed. All participants will receive a 2012 Walk for Hope t-shirt.
Register today at the Lupus Walk/5K – Twin Cities Registration and Fundraising Site. Online registration allows you to:
- Register as an individual or as a team
- Create your customized fundraising page
- Set individual and/or team fundraising goals
- Have access to emails templates to send to your contacts to collect donations or invite others to join your team.
A MORNING OF FUN, FEATURING:
- Walk for Hope (approximately 1 miles)
- Lupus 5K (3.1 miles timed fun run)
- Silent Auction
- Program emceed by KFAN’s Cory Cove
- Live Entertainment
9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Registration/Silent Auction Opens
10:15 a.m. Welcome, Pre-Event Program and Warm-Ups
10:30 a.m. Lupus Walk for Hope and 5K Run Starts
Post Walk/5K Program, Refreshments, Silent Auction
BUILD A TEAM
Sign up as a team and set a fundraising goal. Invite everyone you know to join your team, raise money and participate with you. Teams can be walkers and/or 5Kers.
Teams will be eligible for awards.
Every individual who collects $100 or more will receive a LFM-logoed items. Additionally, for every $100 raised, you’ll receive 10 tickets. Spread your ticket entries into multiple prize drawings or drop them all into one. All prizes are valued at $50 or more.
To record donation you collect in person, download the Contribution Form. You can bring the form and accompanying donation to the event or return the form to LFM pre- or post-event.
HONOR A LOVED ONE
The Lupus Walk for Hope and 5K Runs brings together people who are touched by lupus. Honor or remember loved ones who are touched by lupus with a Course Tribute Sign. Signs will be placed along the Walk/5K routes at all three locations.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
- Donate to the silent auction. Silent Auction Donation Form (PDF)
- Become a corporate sponsor. Corporate Sponsorships (PDF)
- Donate in-kind post-event refreshments, water, 5K prizes, team incentives, etc. In-Kind Donation Form (PDF)
- Register Offline. Twin Cities Registration Form (PDF)
THANKS TO OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS
- KFAN 100.3 FM
- Chaska Eye Care
- Indoor Environmental Specialist
- Chili’s Grill & Bar, Plymouth
- Elite H2O
- Albertville Premium Outlets
- Bergin Fruit & Nut Company
- HealthSource Chiropractic & Progessive Rehab
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Call LFM at 952-746-5151 or 800-645-1131 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest and support of the Lupus Foundation of Minnesota. We look forward to having you involved.