Lupus Walk for Hope and 5K Run – Duluth
|Date:||Saturday, October 5, 2013|
|Time:||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Location:||Lakewalk, beginning at Grandma's Sport Garden and Event Center, Duluth|
The Lupus Foundation of Minnesota (LFM) has funded lupus research for over 35 years. This event, and other LFM fundraisers, allows us to provide grants to prominent researchers in the field of lupus research. A portion of event proceeds will also support efforts to increase public awareness of the disease throughout Minnesota and beyond. LFM works to improve the quality of life for people affected by lupus through support, training, education and resource referrals.
5K TRAIL RUN: (3.1 mile timed run)
$25 registration fee ($30 on event day)
The 5K is open to walkers or runners and will take you along the beautiful shoreline of Lake Superior on the paved Lakewalk of Duluth. Although this is a non-competitive 5K (and not a certified distance) times will be available to you onsite and posted on the Web following the event.
Registered participants receive a premier race shirt, race bib and timed results.
* The Lupus 5K is proud to be a member of the Explore Minnesota Challenge, which is a series of more than 25 races in four designated areas around the state of Minnesota, that encourages participation in various running, walking, biking and triathlon events. For more information or to register, visit the Explore Minnesota Challenge.
LUPUS WALK FOR HOPE:
Designed for people of all ages and abilities, the walk is approximately one mile. A shorter route of paved paths will guide in a loop route along one of the U.S.’s Great Lakes. The walk is not timed. All participants will receive a 2013 Walk for Hope t-shirt.
Register today at the Lupus Walk/5K – Duluth Registration and Fundraising Site. Online registration allows you to:
- Register as an individual or as a team
- Create your customized fundraising page
- Set individual and/or team fundraising goals
- Have access to emails templates to send to your contacts to collect donations or invite others to join your team.
A MORNING OF FUN, FEATURING:
- Walk for Hope (approximately 1 mile)
- Lupus 5K (3.1 miles timed fun run)
- Silent Auction
- Program emceed by KFAN’s Cory Cove
- Live Entertainment
9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Registration/Silent Auction Opens
10:15 a.m. Welcome, Pre-Event Program and Warm-Ups
10:30 a.m. Lupus Walk for Hope and 5K Trail Run Starts
Post Walk/5K Program, Refreshments, Silent Auction, Entertainment
BUILD A TEAM
Sign up as a team and set a fundraising goal. Invite everyone you know to join your team, raise money and participate with you. Teams can be walkers and/or 5Kers.
Teams will be eligible for awards.
Every individual who collects $100 or more will receive an LFM-logoed item. Additionally, for every $100 raised, you’ll receive 10 tickets. Spread your ticket entries into multiple prize drawings or drop them all into one. All prizes are valued at $50 or more.
To record donation you collect in person, download the Contribution Form. You can bring the form and accompanying donation to the event or return the form to LFM pre- or post-event.
HONOR A LOVED ONE
The Lupus Walk for Hope and 5K Runs brings together people who are touched by lupus. Honor or remember loved ones who are touched by lupus with a Course Tribute Sign. Signs will be placed along the Walk/5K routes at all three locations.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
- Donate to the silent auction. Silent Auction Donation Form (PDF)
- Become a corporate sponsor. (Contact LFM)
- Donate in-kind post-event refreshments, water, 5K prizes, team incentives, etc. (Contact LFM)
- Register Offline. Duluth Registration Form (PDF)
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Call LFM at 952-746-5151 or 800-645-1131 or [email protected]
Thank you for your interest and support of the Lupus Foundation of Minnesota. We look forward to having you involved.